Last updated as of December 6th, 2012
Types of Information Collected and Uses of Collected Information:
- We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Website. We collect personal information you provide to us, such as when you create an account, submit or order a design through our Website, submit content and/or post content in relation to the creation of a design brief or pursuant to a design brief, enter a design contest, provide your payment details, send us feedback, or request information about our services. If you decide to engage in these activities with us, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), email address, telephone number and date of birth. When you order designs or partake in our services, we may also ask you to provide us with your credit card number, expiration date and authentication codes or related information. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Website. Please understand that if you publicly post personal information about yourself (e.g., by communicating with others, or submitting media content), this information may be accessible by other visitors, and, therefore, this information could be read, collected, and used by others.
- When you visit our Website, some information is also automatically collected, including the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website you visited before coming to our Website, the URL of the website you visit after leaving our Website, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We, and/or our authorized third party service providers and advertisers, may automatically collect this information when you visit our Website through the use of electronic tools like Cookies and Web beacons or Pixel tags.
Other Tracking Devices: We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and Web beacons to track your use of our Website pages and promotions, or we may allow our third party service providers to use these devices on our behalf. Pixel tags and Web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our Website, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a non-personally identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on our Website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our affiliates and/or marketing partners for the same purposes.
- analyze, operate and improve our Website;
- provide designs and services to you;
- administer contests;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- communicate with you about new contests, upcoming events, and other news about our services offered by HTW;
- communicate with others about our services; for example, we may post your comments in our marketing materials or on our Website;
- if you use our Website to send information or a design to another person, we may use that other person’s contact information to allow him or her to view and accept your design or to allow the recipient to access the information you requested we send;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
HTW may store and process personal information in Canada and other countries.
Your Uploaded Designs and Text: You acknowledge and agree that HTW may use the Designs and text uploaded by you onto hiretheworld.com (including, but not limited to, Designs uploaded in a “non-private” contest or onto a Designer’s portfolio) in any way, including but not limited to, in advertising or marketing material. HTW shall be entitled to the commercial exploitation of your Designs and text for a commercial purpose without further acknowledgement, permission or compensation to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We will not disclose your personal information to other parties except as provided below:
- with your consent; for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- to comply with lawful requests, court orders or other legal process; (ii) to protect the rights and property of HTW, our agents, customers, members, and others including to enforce our policies, Terms of Service or other agreements; or (iii) in an emergency to protect the personal safety of HTW employees, vendors, Users or any other person.
We may disclose information, including in an aggregated form, in ways that do not directly identify you.
Third Party Uses of Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with partners, affiliates and advertisers. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any personally identifiable information) with “Third Party Advertisers” or “Third Party Advertising Companies” and other parties as provided below.
- We use Third Party Advertising Companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Some of these Third Party Advertising Companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). If you would like more information about any NAI member company, or you would like to take steps to opt-out of targeted advertising from any NAI member company, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
- We also use third party analytics service providers to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our Users to, among other things, help us administer our Website and constantly improve its quality. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes or to describe a representative audience for advertisers. Please note that this is not personally identifiable information, only general summaries of the activities of our Users.
Private Contests: If you are an Employer and initiate a “private” Design Contest, HTW DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN YOUR “PRIVATE” DESIGN CONTEST AND/OR DESIGN BRIEF IS 100% SECURE. Further, we are not responsible for any third party’s circumvention of the content found within your “private” Design Contest and/or Design Brief. There is no guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Updating and Correcting Information: You may request to access or change your personal information by contacting us email@example.com. Please indicate your name, address and email address, and what information you would like to access or update when you contact us. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
Choices on Use of Information: As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, although it may be required to engage in certain activities on the Website.
Promotional Emails: You may opt-out of promotional emails by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of our promotional e-mails. When contacting us by email, please indicate your name, postal address, email address, and what promotional emails you do not want to receive. This opt-out will not affect administrative e-mails such as those that relate to a User’s activity on the Website or regarding a particular User’s account, requests or inquiries, and purchases of products and services.
Security of Information: We take reasonable measures to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, alteration and destruction.